When Skippy and I got moving Wednesday morning, it was with a purpose. We pulled the 15X8 Centerline Revolutions off the back of the Belvedere, and set them on the back of Dad's flatbed, along with the corresponding new 255/60 M/T Drag radials. Dale's tires were already off, so I loaded up his front wheels and old tires along with his new front tires.
Next I grabbed his old 15X12 Pro Stars with the worn out M/T ET Streets on them, but Skippy stopped me, "Dale wants the new Mickeys mounted on the Pro Stars that have his 33 by 10.5 slicks on them, something about those wheels will fit the ET Streets better".
"Fine with me, but we have to pull all these wheel screws out, so grab my speedwrench!"
He stood there looking at me, saying nothing. After three days, I've figured out that means he needs more instruction, "It's in the Kobalt box, should still have the right socket on it from when I removed mine".
That set him in motion, and once we had them stripped of all the screws we tossed them alongside my wheels off the Valiant. We were pulling the wheels off the Barnyard when Mom showed up, and Dad arrived about fifteen minutes after that.
"Where's Boone", I asked Dad, since it seems those two communicate nearly every morning.
"Think he said something about the tag office, and checking on the new plaque we're having built for the Spirit of Drag Week Award", Dad answered off hand, then turned to Mom, "Bonnie, call around and see who has the best price on these tires", and he read off the numbers from the rear tire on his truck.

Once we had the tires all loaded up, I decided to pull the fronts off the Valiant as well, those 165/80 Nexens had 3 Drag Weeks on them already, and were wearing pretty good on the inside, so I decided to flip them as well.

"Since it's just the four of us, should I cook breakfast?"
"No Mom, maybe we'll just drop off the truck and tires, then go get something", I determined, not wanting to give up an hour and a half of the morning that easily.
"Ok...well, Hibdons Tires plus is 5 bucks cheaper per tire than Robertson..."
"We're going to Robertson Tire Mom", I cut her off, "All the tires on my truck and trailer are from there, because no one in Phoenix has the selection or service they do, it's not worth ten bucks when I know those guys will take care of us!"

At Robertson Tire, they explained to Mom and Dad that the tires they wanted for the truck were at another location, and wouldn't be there for an hour or so, but they started on all the other stuff right away. It took Skippy and I about 15 minutes to sort through every thing with the salesman, explaining all the mounting, dismounting, saving, throwing away, keeping, flipping, and balancing.
I was hesitant to leave for breakfast, because even though he wrote all the instructions directly on the tires, I wanted to make sure there was no confusion.

012 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines