Dale and Skippy came through the side gate carrying the hydraulic press from the front garage, and they set it up next to the preferred work station in the back yard, which was my old 16 foot wood deck car trailer. Dad's flatbed Dodge was also littered with projects, it's amazing what passes for a workbench for a bunch of backyard, shade tree mechanics. They started attempting to remove the axle bearings from the Gremlin's Dana 60 axles.
Dad finished up the burgers, and brats as Darren made a grand entrance with his 727 in the back of his silver Ram R/T, perfect timing as usual.

"Why are you changing the sealed axle bearings", I asked Dale in between bites of lunch.
"They were seeping oil from the rear end, which is a sure sign they are shot."
"Mine was leaking all last year on the driver's side", I added, "Remember, that was the axle where I nearly lost the wheel on DW12!"
"You're on borrowed time for sure", he agreed, "better order a set for yours tonight as well.

In the early evening, Dale's daughter and future son-in-law returned from their crazy 4 day trek to Oregon and back to trade Dale's 572 cross ram Hemi, for a 547 tunnel ram Wedge. Before you ask why he would do such a thing, there was 5 figures coming back as well. Dale really wants a Hemi for his AMX, but every time he gets one, someone else wants it worse! Between installing the 727 in Darren's Charger, and wrestling the 547 into his crowded garage, the rest of the day went by pretty quickly.
Darren headed off for home, with Dad in tow and the rest of us huddled around Skippy's laptop, using Dale's phone for a hotspot, and placed one more Summit order. We headed off to bed by 9pm, so "Hell Week" was starting off very...civilized!

002 - Copy.JPGIMG_1631 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines