I was nearly ready, when I noticed the ball had loosened up again on my hitch. I couldn't find the proper tools to tighten it up, so I sent Rachael and Skippy to Harbor Freight with the orders to get me "the biggest freaking pry bar and pipe wrench they have!"
I decided to go look in my enclosed trailer for another 2 5/8 ball since I've had problems with this one before, and while I was in there I noticed the 255/60 Mickeys for the Belvedere sitting against the wall! Boy, I would've been upset if I had forgotten those!
We headed out Saturday night around 9PM, and I was about 30 miles into the trip when I realized the electric trailer brakes weren't working...things would get interesting now, and the odds I was going to let Skippy do some of the driving greatly diminished!
The old 12 valve ran hot, and pulled like crap all the way to Flagstaff, but ran like a top as soon as it had a fresh tank of diesel on board, seems these old girls hate long periods of not being used. My method of descending at 40 mph in 4th gear with the blinkers on, using the truck brakes for short bursts, had the kid white knuckled, with eyes as big as saucers, probably not the "experience" he was thinking he had signed up for!!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines