"We're going over to Darren's to unload these other two barrels...you coming with us", Boone questioned.
"Naw, go ahead, I've got a few things to sort out here." I paused, then turned to Skippy, "Go ahead, and go with them, they might need help." He gave me a wary look, but complied. I figured it would give him a good opportunity to interact with the Uncles!

When they returned they had Dad in tow with them.
"Where did you come from", I asked him.
"I've been sitting over at Darren's all morning waiting for him to get around...I got up at 6:30 AM, and he hasn't even took a shower yet!
I looked at my phone, and it was well after ten.
"I haven't even had breakfast yet!" Dad looked around, "where are we going to get something to eat?"
If it were up to Dad and Dale, we'd spend three hours of each workday at a restaurant, and I wasn't going to let that happen.
"Listen, I just unloaded all of that meat Rachael sent with us into Dale's meat freezer, but a package of the hamburger patties, and some of the brats were starting to thaw. I'll bring them out, and you can cook them on the grille!"
He wasn't thrilled, but he agreed.
I noticed Boone out of the corner of my eye, moving around like he was ninety.
"What's wrong with you?"
He put his right hand back on his love handle, "I was catching the last barrel as we slid it down the ramp, and as it hit the ground, I pulled or wrenched a muscle in my back...I can barely stand up!"
"That's not good, we've got a rough two weeks ahead of us!"
"I need an Asian masseuse" he retorted, "...and a happy ending!"
Well, at least his sense of humor was undamaged.

001 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines