Once back in the AZ, I was slowly putting the trans back in the Valiant, a couple of bolts here, then a couple more there, with no real sense of urgency as June marched by.
Then, I got my letter from the City of Phoenix, citing me for inoperable vehicles visible from the property line...which meant I had to clean up the carport and drop the Valiant back down on all fours to pass the following inspection.

I had the car moved back to the point where access to the rear meant you were in the rocks of the front yard to get the jack in place. I don't like my knees in the rocks, so I was trying to lower the car while I was on the concrete near the back bumper. The old harbor freight jack has a tendency to stick when you first try to release it, so I leaned more towards the jack and gave it a hard twist. The drivers side of the rear bumper caught me near the small of my back (or where that should be if not for the extra lbs.) and drove me into a downward facing dog position. I groaned in pain as I realized I was pinned, then was able to kick my legs out from under me, and roll out from under it!

Recovering from that injury, and dealing with the good ole Phoenix heat pretty much ate up most of July.

004 - Copy.JPG
Last edited by MoparBilly; 09/26/15 09:24 AM.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines