Rachael's had invited her boyfriend to tag along with us on Drag Week, and my firm response was simply, "He has to drive out with me, and help out on "Hell Week", he's not flying in with you on Friday and just hanging out on the trip!"
She agreed readily, but "Skippy" needed a few days of convincing...I think the prospect of a week of wrenching with her Dad and three Uncles seemed a little overwhelming for the 23 year old!
Eventually, she started bringing him over in the afternoons to help me prepare the cars for the trip. On one afternoon, I decided to take the Belvedere wiring job, completely next level, and ditch the stock alternator/regulator setup, as well as the mopar ecu. The replacements would be an AR engineering denso alternator, and a digital 6A.

A quick look at Mancini appeared that they were marking the AR kits up a little, so I ordered from Hughes. I ordered two alternators, since I have the same thing on the Valiant as well. The stuff arrived from Hughes Engines a couple of days later, with a note on the invoice that the alternators would be drop shipped from "another warehouse", I had to chuckle when they showed up the next day in a Mancini box!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines