From the day Boone decided to re-build the Barnyard into a street/gasser, the goal was 10's, and we worked the math every way we could to show it would get there. Then we started welding stuff in the truck, and bolting stuff in and on the truck, and before we knew it, our 3100lb bracket truck turned into a 3650lb street cruiser...we hadn't exactly added that part up right!

The camshaft swap, 3.91 to 4.30 swap, and Qa-1 front shocks definitely helped last year, but a little more was needed.

My argument was for a tighter converter. Boone bought a 5500 Stall 8 inch TCI in the mid 90's, and it's been his go to converter ever sense. In a roller cam 440 that shifts at 7200...yeah, it worked great. Street driving in a heavy truck with a 508 standard port window head...not so much! Darren had given up Dad's 9 inch billet JW converter when he pulled the engine out of the Dakota, so I convinced Boone to at least give it a try.
"If you like it, buy Dad a replacement, if the stall isn't perfect for your combo, order one just like it, with a slight adjustment", I instructed.
In the Gebhart Family, any parts not being currently used on your ride...are pretty much fair game to be "borrowed", with or without your knowledge!

Boone installed it a couple weeks ago, but he was working when RoadKill came to Tulsa on a Wednesday night, so Dale took it to the track to flog it for him. Dale outweighs Boone by at least a buck-twenty, and apparently had difficulty hitting the shift points(glide car with an electric shifter will ruin your ability to manually shift a 727, apparently)but he managed an 11.23-119 best, so the jury is still out.

IMG_1615.PNG11902432_1477368042586831_2057545021746836512_n.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines