"...Mike, this guy sell some patch panels for our trucks...."

Thanks, I've looked at his site and there are a few pieces that I'll be needing. I want to do the back of the cab and front of the bed before the bed gets bolted back down.

You had asked before about a B Body Dana in one for these and here’s what I've found so far. I was under the impression the Chevy rear end that was under there was 58" but after I got it out I found out it was really 60".....for all intents and purposes the same as a 68-70 Dana.

The wheels and tires pictured on the truck were 15X8 with 3 1/2" back spacing and 235/75/15 tires…..these just cleared the fenders. Before I took the wheels off I measured the width from the outside of the tire to outside of tire (the widest part of the tire, below the tread) and that came up to 69”.

I’ve got a pair of tires that are a bit shorter and wider (235/70/15) mounted on 15X7 cop car wheels with 4” back spacing. With these mounted on the Dana outside of tire to outside of tire is 68 ¼” so I gain just a little bit on clearance.

Here’s a pretty good picture of how the truck sat when it came into the shop this time.

Besides straightening out the mess with the springs/hangers and spacers, the plan is; move the axle back a couple of inches, and lower the back to where the truck is close to level. I’m thinking that will but the top of the tire about at the bottom of the fender opening.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)