I’d been shooting to have the Dodge done enough to make our local car show for the last 6 months or so. I still had some stuff I wanted to get done Friday but at the last minute ended up babysitting a couple of grandkids. Fortunately none of the things were show stoppers and I did make it to the show.

show 2017 1 by M Patterson, on Flickr

I put it in the under construction class because of the body work and interior that need to be finished up. The old truck got a lot of attention and while there were a couple of “when are you going to paint it” comments, the majority seemed to lean towards the “leave the paint just the way it is”.

I’ve got to admit that leaving it has a certain appeal, it does kind of look neat the way it is. I sure can’t complain about the prep to get it ready for the show either. If I had taken my 57 Plymouth instead of the Dodge, I would have spent about 2 days washing waxing and detailing the car before the show and about a ½ hour once I got there dusting it off and other little detail stuff. On the 37 show prep consisted of cleaning the windshield, checking tire pressure and blowing the dust off with an air hose. When I got to the show it was take my chair out of the bed and open the hood.

Anyway I ended up bringing this home.

Show 2017 3 by M Patterson, on Flickr

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)