I know what you mean about the difference in air flow between t5he aftermarket electric fans and the factory units (although I’ve gotten by with the aftermarket ones in the past). The biggest potential issue with the factory units is how thick they are and I’m a bit limited on the room between the engine and radiator.

Now that I have the radiator in hand I’ve been able to take a few more measurements and it looks like I’ll be able to go with my first choice which will be a mechanical (flex) fan. My engine sits relatively high and there room for vertical movement to center the radiator on the fan. One nice thing about using the Mustang radiator is that is set up for the factory fan shroud which are available new and relatively inexpensive (I’ll be ordering one later this morning). I really like going this route if I can as it is a bit more 60s era correct. I figure that a light coat of black paint on the engine side on the radiator and at a glance even the aluminum radiator won’t be to noticeable.

The heater core turns out to be from a KIA Sportage. The valves are available new from a couple of companies and my cost on it was well under $10.

Now that I’m going to be waiting on the fan shroud for a couple of days, I guess I’ll get started on doing the wiring on the nose.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)