I worked on the front suspension on and off this week. Installing the ride height adjusters was pretty straight forward. My hole saws center with a ¼” drill bit so the original hole for the shock stud was too big.

The simple fix for that was to tack weld an appropriate size washer to the hole.

Then cut the hole for the adjuster.

Drill the holes for the mounting screws and bolt the adjusters in.

I put the new caliper brackets on while the spindles were off then bolted everything together, put the rotors on and checked ride height.

Then it was take it back apart and cut a coil off the new springs and put it back together again and recheck the ride height. Removing the one coil seemed to do the trick so everything was tightened down and the alignment was roughed in (it will be going to a friend’s alignment shop after the fuel and brake lines are run).

I really figured I’d get started on the brake lines next so I could at least move the truck around under its own power but I think that will be moved down one place on the to do list. A couple of weeks ago I ordered the interior panels for the truck figuring that I’d get around to installing them at some point after the truck was drivable. The kit includes the headliner, back panels, door and kick panels and are ABS plastic reproductions of the original cardboard pieces. The problem is they take up so much room I don’t have a place to store them.

I guess I’ll spend next week getting them installed just to get them out of the way. I’m even debating sending the seat out now to get it upholstered (problem is I can’t decide what color so it may wait).

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)