As has become the norm for this project it got back burnered for a while. I got it in to the alignment shop abnd the alignment came in there I wanted it. boogie That left getting the exhaust cut out cables in, reinstalling the front fenders and getting a few miles on it.

It's a long story but after 3 months I'm finally able to get back to work on the Dodge. When we took it in to the alignment shop the starter started acting up so that was the first thing I needed to do today.

Nothing screams MOPAR like the sound of the old gear reducted starters Chrysler used in the 60-70s. I didn't have one of those on the shelf but I did have one of the newer "mini" starters MOPAR started using in the 80s. I had bought it to use when I built the clutch linkage on the 57 Plymouth and ended up actually having enough room to use the old style instead so I was only on the 57 for a month or so.

After sitting on the shelf for 10 years I decided that what the heck and put it on.

hemi starter by M Patterson, on Flickr

I miss the sound of the old starter, but don't mind the smaller size, lighter weight and the way it turns the engine over.I may to a postmortem on the starter I took off and if it's repairable reinstall it, but for now I'm calling it good.

Last edited by Mike P; 08/28/17 08:24 PM.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)