Quote:

Paul it’s the original frame that has been partially box where the Mustang II front suspension was added. When I get to the point of pulling the body off I will go ahead and box the rest of it. keg it also makes a good excuse to use it. I remember back in the late 50s-early 60s when the keg gas tanks were popular in a lot of that era

I’m looking at keeping the rear suspension leaf spring but redoing the cobbled hangers the PO had built. I’ll probably change out the original spring packs for something a little softer and build a set of Cal Tracs for it......I’d kind of considered ladder bars but don’t know if I want to give up the ground clearance for it.

EM I’m considering/planning on running a full exhaust to the rear bumper and was kind of considering bringing the tail pipes together in the center of the rear. Now that I have the’s hot rods. It’s even period correct LOL.

Stumpy I’ve used that calculator before, it’s fun to play with but not really my favourite to do real calculations with.

Anyway I ordered the trans adaptor yesterday so when I get some time I'll bolt the 518 case to my spare Hemi and get start figuring out the Fire wall and floor (again).

What MustangII front suspension did you buy? I'm green in this dept and have no idea which one to buy.

I have the same truck and would like to do the same project someday. thanks!
Paul

Last edited by PocketThunder; 03/09/11 11:34 AM.

69 Charger R/T. California car, 99 99 Special Order paint car, Omaha Orange. Original Paint, Interior, drivetrain, etc..