I got the rear bumper and exhaust taken care of over the last week. As far as I can tell these trucks didn’t with a rear bumper but I was hoping to find something from that era that I could use. I didn’t find anything at the local wrecking yards that I liked or would work. I did find some metal out in the iron pile that would work so I just built one. It really needs a rear valance/roll pan so one of these days I’ll get around and make a template and take it to one of the local heating and cooling places to have one bent up.

I still don’t have a local muffler shop I like so I got out my pile of exhaust pipes and built my own.

I seemed like I spent almost as much time going to town for parts as I did building the exhaust. I went in Saturday morning to get mufflers, hangers and clamps. I ended up going to one store for the clamps and hangers and then another store for the mufflers. Of course they only had one of the mufflers in stock so I had to make another trip in the afternoon to pick up the other one. I got home and promptly ran out of wire for the mig.

I haven’t decided on what to start on next but there is still a pretty long to do list.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)