I've got the front fenders back off so we can do the alignment on Wednesday. While I've got a bit more working room I decided to get the radiator overflow tank built and installed. With the old Hemi in there there's not a whole lot of room to mount a tank in any of the more conventional places. There is however a pretty good space above the radiator.

While trying to come up with a tank that would fit I came across this 1/2 gallon go cart gas tank. I figured the curve in the front would match up pretty well with the curve of the grill (which it did).

I made a couple of modifications to the tank (sealing the fill hole and adding a 90 degree barb fitting to act as a vent/overflow) and got it mounted this afternoon.

Basically it should work fine by just filling the radiator to the top and letting the tank hold the expansion (and suck it back in when the truck cools). If it turns out that I want/need to add a fill port to the tank I'll probably pick up a flush mount motorcycle gas tank bung and cap.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)