I got the shroud ordered, and while I was waiting on that to get here I went ahead and got the grill shell wired. I’ve always enjoyed building my own harness. It’s probably not a whole lot cheaper than buying a ready made harness but like I said I enjoy doing it. Of course when I checked my box of terminals I needed to restock that and I only had about half of the colors and gauges of wire I needed.

I was actually planning on using the headlights that were on the truck but my luck was holding true and it turns out they were 6 volt. Knowing that the truck is going to be taken apart for paint and body at some point I decided to go ahead and use plugs for everything so the harness won’t have to be cut and spliced back together to get the lights out.

The harness itself was fairly simple (headlight, turn signals, parking lights and horn) and really didn’t take that long to build. I terminated the harness with a 6 circuit plug just a little bit past the grill shell so that if I ever need to take the grill shell out it’s just unplug the one plug.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)