I decided to work on the door glass rather than crawl under the truck to run brake and fuel lines (just can't seem to get excited about that job).

When I bought the 37 it was missing the driver’s door window, regulator and track. I’ve been keeping my eye out for a replacement regulator since I got the truck (and got serious about finding one over the last 6 months or so). I've had no luck finding a 36-38 regulator but several years ago I did find a pair out of a 1940 Dodge truck that I bought “just in case” (and if I remember correctly I only paid $25 for the pair).

I already had enough window channel felt and cat whisker left over from other projects to do the doors, so I sent the one side window out to the glass shop to have another window cut and decided to see if I could make the later regulators work.

The 39-47 window regulators (top) are a completely different style than the 35-37 regulators. It would have been nice to find the correct regulator but in reality the 39-47 are probably a better unit (and I can find a bunch of them to include NOS if I ever need another one).

While the doors won’t interchange the dimensions and inner panels between the 2 doors are reasonably similar. After a lot of measuring and a bit of tweaking I drilled the four 1/4" and one 2" hole and got the first one mounted in the drivers' door.

The window crank is moved down a little bit and I had to extend the window crank shaft a bit to prevent the crank from rubbing on the door panel but that's all minor.

I suppose someone makes an extension, but I couldn't find any when I did a quick search. As the window crank and door handle shafts are 3/8" square, I just bought a couple of cheap 3/8" socket extensions. I heated the extension red hot and let it cool to take the temper out of (makes it a lot easier to drill the roll pin holes). Then it was just grind the shaft down to a 3/8" square.

This was before I drilled the holes for the roll pins (which went pretty easily after the heat treatment). If I do decide to upholster the door panels at some point I'll have to make up a set of 4 for the door handles and window cranks to clear the upholstery but like I said that's pretty simple to do.

I still have to do the passenger door but after figuring out the drivers' door that should go pretty quickly.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)