Quote:

Quote:

Here's the hood:

(It's dusty fingerprints on the front edge, btw.)

Scoop is a 2/3 sized MAS scoop that isn't mounted correctly, big centered hole cut in the hood etc.

A buddy ended up giving me a really clean, used Fiberglass Trends scoop that is pretty close to the originals in dimensions except that it was way too long. (Found it on a '56 Chevy in the salvage yard!)

I ended up cutting it shorter and will properly locate it along with the crossram holes in the hood and elimination of the underhood bracing but, for now, this will have to do!

For those who want to know the original dimensions:

They are roughly 24"w x 26"l.

Fiberglass Trends was 24" x 33"

MAS was 20" x 26" (way too narrow!)

Located about 3/8"-1/2" from the rear edge of the hood.

So, obviously this one is WAY off.

Thought these measurements were not correct, so I went out into the blizzard and to the garage where my aluminum nose 63 Dodge is at and did a few measurements. Here they are---and these are from an OEM Aluminum scoop---35"long---28" wide at the front---2 1/4 high in front---2 3/4 from the back edge of the hood to the center of the rear of the scoop. OEM scoops cost alot of bucks but I sell fiberglass replicas everyday for $230 plus $35 for shipping. I am Sled City Fiberglass, located in Grove City, Ohio.

Hmm, thought it seemed short too. Joey Cole that does the reproduction one's gave me those dimensions...