I figured I would do an end of season re-cap and what's in store since this "Project" is more about performance and goals in that area than it is restoration.

We did NOT get it into the 9's this year as I had desperately hoped. Lots of factors including the availability of the track prep or "glue" our track uses. They were cutting it by 50% with alcohol due to availability and price. For a car like mine on 275 radials, it's almost impossible to get down a track when turned all the way up. It still does okay at the 600 hp level but at the 850, it's impossible! The stars have to align with good weather, sticky prep, track temp and a perfect run to get that goal with the current setup. That said, a different front shock setting has really helped smooth out the rise in the front and kept it from topping out and unloading like it had been.

I continue to be amazed at the strength of the factory block and transmission. After years of the horsepower limits of the RB block being thrown out there by the "experts" you learn who has actually pushed the limits and who hasn't. I'm convinced a light rotating assembly, limiting the rpm's and keeping the engine from detonating are all keys to longevity. We're going on 7 years with this combo now and I couldn't be happier.

Plans for the off season include a Nitrous Express plate capable of a 500 shot and an upgrade to a -6 feed line. Cue Salt and Pepa's "Push it real good!" biggrin

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.