Originally Posted by Blusmbl
Man, are you skipping the 9's entirely and going right to 8's with the 500 jets in the plate kit??

Love everything about your '63, and it's impressive what you're doing with a mild combo and lots of factory parts. You've definitely got me convinced a stock block can live at 750-800 hp as long as the tune is spot on and the rpm is kept low.

Thanks!

It's funny how my initial goal was to build a nice Max Wedge clone with a crossram and do car shows. Then I discovered how fun and addicting the dragstrip is! Now it's become more of an experiment and something to tinker with and continually improve because I got bored running low 11's.

As far as the 500 shot, I plan on approaching it in baby steps like I have up to this point. I will admit I have a ton of envy for these guys that can monitor everything with their modern ecu and here I am half blind with no data, a screwdriver and hammer. hammer I will say the software that I use has been a really accurate predictor and lets me know I'm on the right path.

We are at 850hp currently, BTW. I keep telling myself consistent 9.99's will satisfy but I know better.

I talked to Neighbor Dave this weekend and he's all in to help me do some fab and modify the solenoid mounting. These are much bigger and exit out the bottom instead of the side like the Mainline solenoids. Pretty stoked!

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.