We raced the 11.50 index at Kansas International Dragway yesterday.

It came down to me and one other guy that bracket races regularly (slicks, open headers, vinyl lettering on the windows, me with my mufflered pump gas pig...).

In what I thought was the last round, I beat him by .004 at the stripe. I had to brake hard near the stripe, mis-judged and and to whack the throttle a couple of times to get him. He bought back in so here we are lining up one more time.

This round I accidentally bumped in and turned on the stage light double bulbing him. He waits a bit, turns on the pre-stage light but doesn't go ahead and stage. The system times him out and gives him a big red bulb!

He goes to the tower and complains that he "didn't understand the rules" where the system would time him out if he didn't stage (he was trying to burn me down). He then comes up to me and asks if I was trying to double bulb him? Told him I slid in and didn't mean to. He says they will re-run us if I agree. Against my better judgement, I agree.

3rd round against this guy. I finally dispatch him when he goes red by -.01 when I was .01 to the good. He was trying real hard to put a beat down on me and ended up beating himself. I spent half the day racing THIS ONE GUY! LOL.

At the end of the day I ended up winning the 11.50 class and he went home a loser.

kid wheelie.jpg
Last edited by GY3; 10/19/20 02:33 PM.

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.