Originally Posted by carnut68
Originally Posted by GY3
Originally Posted by carnut68
Originally Posted by GY3
It will be a while before we can test the new shocks at the track. I put them on the 4 Compression and 4 Rebound setting and drove it around this afternoon. To my surprise, this thing rode better than it ever has! Amazing!
I'm curious as to what Howards lifters you are running and what spring pressures you have? I have a similar build,but 511 ci in an RB with Indy EZ heads for an A body. I was considering a Howards HR cam. Seems like you have had good luck.

Honestly, I don't know part numbers for either one. I do recall the Howards lifters have a 6500 rpm limit. Cam and lifters were ordered through Summit racing and the springs, locks and retainers had been changed and were on the heads when I bought them. The machine shop looked them over and said they would be fine for my cam. I've lamented here lately I wish I had taken notes during the engine build.
Howards recommended the 91774 lifter so that's probably what I'll use. I'm thinking my springs are good to go, Comp 928. You sure have everything working. Thanks for the input.

Thanks! I've had so much fun building, racing and driving it. It truly does everything well.

One particular goal I have in mind for this year is to run a 9 at the track and drive it home. (I live about 20 miles from the track.)

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.