We went to Kansas International Friday night. The temperature started dropping rapidly by the time we got down the track at about 7 pm. 53° ambient and 63° track temp. I did a n/a hit and it was pretty slippery. I threw 50 lbs. of spare tire in the trunk and cracked open the bottle. I had a little too much timing pulled and it let me know by popping in the burnout box while purging through the motor. I added a couple of degrees before pulling into the beams. It hit pretty good and everything happened so fast that I forgot to shift (been a few months since I've ran the car on the hose. She hit the rev limiter, blew flames out the mufflers and I FINALLY shifted. Ran a 10.7 @ 129mph. Pretty good for the driver being a goof! Finally lined up with a 55 Chevy that had an LS with a turbo. It was lightly sprinkling as we pulled into the burnout box. Clean burnout with no pops purging. I got a decent light and tree'd the '55. I knew he was on my quarter panel as I couldn't see him in the rear view and he wasn't beside me. I slipped and slid to a 10.59 to his 10.85. The back half of the track was slippier than I ever experienced but managed to hang on!

Considering I put little to no effort to get the bottle to temp (was 72° when shot with temp gun, should be 91°) and had a lot of timing pulled (did a plug check later and timing mark was conservative) I'm really happy with how it was performing. 60 ft. was WAY off due to prep and cold temps. Considering the issues this year with the dash harness rebuild, I'm happy it is back doing what it should!

The biggest change I witnessed after the ammeter bypass and wiring the alternator to directly feed the battery is the lights don't dim at idle and the car idles much better with timing pulled! I'm happier with the functionality of the car than I have been in a while. It's starting to be a really refined piece that does everything well. Hopefully we get a couple more opportunites to run at the track and I'm definitely driving it to work tomorrow!

Here's a screenshot of video the neighbor took of the flames out the tailpipe! LOL!

Screenshot_20221007-225325_Message+.jpg

'63 Dodge 330
11.19 @ 121 mph
Pump gas, n/a, through the mufflers on street tires with 3.54's. 3,600 lbs.
10.01 @ 133mph with a 250 shot of nitrous an a splash of race gas. 1.36 60 ft. 3,700 lbs.