So wonder if the family of any of the victims tries to sue Discovery channel or the producers of the show. It is in Cali afterall....

I raced on the streets as I am sure most of us did at one point or another. I eventually matured and realized it was a dangerous activity and moved it to the track. I stated earlier in this post that I did it to support my habit and family for a time. The one thing we DID not do was make a spectacle of ourselves. When I was racing for money the last thing any of us wanted was ATTENTION. I think you can agree this show is doing quite the opposite, whether staged or not they are trying to glamourize an illegal activity plain and simple.

I think some of you need to spend more time around younger people. They like we did back in the day have a different outlook on things. Many of them have lived in a world of social media, instance gratification and "internet fame". They just see things different than we did.

It has been my job for a number of years until recently to work directly with young men and women who are in our hobby on a personal level. I think you will find many of them hold a certain reverence to these guys. Many want to emulate what they see on the internet and TV. At a recent Midnite Mayhem here, our local tracks alternative to the streets I heard some folks talking about wanting to do something similar here, forming a top 10 street race group here. Would they have had the idea without the show? Who knows 100% for sure but the idea came directly from what was on TV according to what was being discussed.

Just saying I think some people posting on here might want to spend some time up close and personal with some younger people. It does not help that the sport is so expensive to get involved in. How many here have reached out to the younger generation and got them to the track? Invite them to come spectate or help with the car. I think you will find many or more than enthusiastic to come. I know they have always been with us.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"