What's next? The DMV pulling your license for drag racing at an NHRA track?

I don't see how they can try to change somebody's behavior when they aren't at the NHRA sanctioned track. Does NHRA not benefit from increased or remaining interest in motorsports in general and Drag Racing specifically? I watch the show occasionally - and it gets me jazzed about getting to the track. Never once did it make me think I was going to go out street racing, or even think about it. Just a dumb knee-jerk reaction to a TV show that has ZERO reflection on NHRA Drag Racing at all.

The NHRA has already done their best to make the general public think that Drag Racing is ONLY the pro categories - because that's about all they put on TV. I see people all the time that can't believe I can take something I drive on the street and race it at the track - because all they know about it is the Pro ranks that get TV coverage. They had no idea that there was actually Sportsman racing that less-funded "regular" people could get into. No wonder the sport is dying off. Nobody knows THEY THEMSELVES can get into it!

One thing is for sure.... trying to kill off a TV show about cars is NOT the way to get more participants at the track!