Quote:

I'd be interested to see the circuitry inside the fan shroud/controller. Initially, you'd think it were just a large, maybe 70a relay that is housed internally. But if you're saying a variable voltage input would then use some sort of PWM to decrease or increase fan speed, there is no way that's the case. Break one open

I have a spare fan with a damaged shroud and blade. I tried pulled the motor and tried to open it. The back is epoxied on. Since it's a good spare for the one in my car I decided to leave it alone.
I have a fan off a bigger car with a different shroud. I might pull it down and see what it looks like inside.
There is simply no way for me to bench test it inside. I have to power it off one of my vehicles. That's tricky with a loose motor that can be as dangerous as these.

Quote:

Feets, In that vid I wonder if it can take off and hover in place!

I've often thought about that too. My concern is getting a finger caught in one trying to keep it from flopping around.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon