OK an update.

As anticipated the Mercedes spares department is pretty impotent without a chassis number, this is not exclusive to MB as Spain operates on numbers alone.

So, I gave the parts guy the plug and using the number he located it on the system, he was able to confirm the terminals are available without cables however, when trying to locate the terminals the computer would not proceed without a chassis number. This could be because different vehicles use different cable ratings?

So, I offered him the cable number given in the above post, this was confirmed as a legitimate number for the plug however, it is the same number used on all the the plugs, probably due to the low amperage needed by the fan controller on all models. Now, the large terminal is not logically placed alongside the number for the small terminal? There is a vague diagram on the parts computer screen which indicates that part number P 016 545 56 36 is possibly the larger terminal, it is shown supplied without cable, it was not possible to confirm this is the larger terminal without doubt due to the poor quality images on the screen.

I have ordered a set of each, they should be here Wednesday or Thursday.....or possibly sometime next week.....this is Spain afterall.

In the meantime I am hoping 'feets' can work some magic at his place of employment, perhaps confirming or correcting my findings thus far?

Regards

Dave

Last edited by Dave 2000; 04/16/18 02:22 PM.