Quote:

Feets, is your motor in the stock '65 location, or is it moved back with a later B-Body K-Member? I'm wondering if this will fir a '65 with a 440 in the stock location.

Thanks for a GREAT writeup,
Ben

This is a trick question. My K frame did move the engine back a bit. The catch is that my radiator support is bent and twisted badly. The bottom of the radiator has been pushed back substantially. It's almost a wash. If you look closely at the pics you can see the angle on my radiator. Compare the angle of the pulley to the angle of the fan. It's not pretty.

I imagine it would still fit in a car that wasn't butchered like mine. The fan sticks out from the radiator core 3-1/4". If you have that much room between the fins on the radiator and the bolts on the water pump, it'll fit.

I was playing with it again today. My fan is set to turn on at 195 degrees and turn off at 175. I have a 180 degree thermostat.
I heat soaked the engine and let it idle. With minimal water flow, a radiator that's half clogged with crud, and the fan running I was actually able to cool the engine down below the thermostat's rated temperature. It took a little while but the fan turned off at 175 on the 180 stat. My engine temperature sensor for the fan is in the water pump housing.
I wonder what it'd do if the radiator wasn't full of gunk...

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon