Hi and first an apology, I am a not a Mopar owner but have admired from afar having modified plenty of UK metal for street and strip. Did get a Camaro but wife did not like left hookers on UK roads, so bought a Granada and put a V8 in it, she did not like that either, it was too fast! So, to keep the peace.............I divorced her!

And another apology for the long first post.

I am here looking for help so I can replace the Lincoln MK VIII electric fan that has given great service in my Land Cruiser used for off road expeditions. I will offer plenty of info so members are as well informed as possible.

The MK VIII fan is a brilliant two speed unit however Siemens no longer produce the fan motor and mine is showing its age. All aftermarket ones seem to be the single speed pulse width controlled unit, as opposed to my distinct two speed motor, the situation is made worse when you discover the aftermarket ones are cheap rubbish in Mexico! Decent second hand units are thin on the ground so felt something a little more recent would be better.

A customer of mine needed work done on his Mercedes ML transmission, the e fan on his ride caught my eye, some research later led me to this great thread.....what a result!

At the moment my MK VIII fan is wired using a typical relay set up with dashboard indicators, and a switch to disable during water crossings, you get the idea.

My rad core is 27.5 x 16.5 inches, so reckon I can squeeze in the Mercedes C class fan. My issue is with mixing electronic devices with off road driving, I am 12v savvy though not so hot with electronics. My present fan can be jury rigged if need be direct to a battery to get me out of trouble if a sensor or relay fails, and reading through the thread it seems there are two fans, one that can be wired direct to a battery which would give max speed, I can alter my wiring and introduce a resistor to get a second speed to suit my setup.

Can anyone post up as much info as possible so I can identify the correct version that does not need a PWM module to make it work? There was mention of photos showing the difference but they were missing from the post?

Any help would be appreciated, TIA.

Regards

Dave

Last edited by Dave 2000; 11/04/17 06:01 PM.