Well my optimism shot down in flames! The terminals I ordered were in Germany, that is terminals without cable and were ready for me to collect here in Spain.

Today after a one and a half hour round trip, I returned with two pieces of cable with terminals at each end!

Why not ring me they are WRONG!!

The guy behind the counter had seen the plug I had, he knew what terminals I wanted, he knew I did not want to splice the cable.

So, as the terminals marked in stock in Germany were not actually there, he ordered the version with cables (same number?) so I could..........yep, splice them!

He also ordered the crimp on waterproof grommets, this was in case I wanted to prise the new terminals off the new cable, and then refit my own thicker cable!

He also ordered two grommets that go on the thinner wires.......except they are extremely tiny, barely large enough to get a pin through.......but they don't have the cables to match!

Why not ring me.......again!

Honestly, you could not make it up! This is typical Spain! I should be used to it by now.

So, I am going to move the circuit breaker nearer the fan, then use the new cables which incidently are at least twice the cross section of the overheated cable shown earlier, but not as heavy as the OE offering.

The negative cable is not going to reach the battery negative, so it will have to be to vehicle bodywork where the battery connects, should be fine.

For you Dave, the cable that is thicker and had the larger terminal is:

A 000 540 37 05 Quick edit, this is the same number supplied by feets earlier, The number in the parts bin remains but the terminals have wire connected, so the parts guy confusion is to some degree understandable, if he had rang I could have asked him not to ship them over so, is this a Europe thing feets where the number at your end gets you terminals, and here you get cables already crimped in?

It seems there is a multitude of different cables of different capacities to suit different fans?

My head hurts!

Thanks all

Regards

Dave

Last edited by Dave 2000; 04/28/18 02:42 PM.