Whew! what a ride this post has been --we are all combat buddies now geeez!
Herb McCandless was right up the street from us coming up--we could drop in--ask--get the right part that moment and go faster--the in stock selection was the best in the world and the advice was free--we started out with such thin budgets that we traded engine, head, suregrip, 11 in rear brake, and all type of Cores in to Herb to help pay for what we wanted
The Coolest thing was we got a story with every purchase--sometimes a lecture--sometimes our ass chewed but we always went faster and always learned something
Thing is I remember Herb talking about SS springs as he sold us a pair or 6 --he almost could not believe how much effort Mopar put into developing them--testing was intense and they were tested by the Cream of the Crop of Mopar factory racers before ever being sold--
SO..to think that you can stack a few junkyard leafs to "look" like SS springs seems like the answer is WHY?? we used them because they were CHEAP and worked --I was poor but not so poor I had to roll my on--and..when I thought I was that smart I tried--Guess what? tossed them after a while got some real ones and never looked back
That's it , that is all I was saying
Let's get back to sharing what we have learned and helping one another
and come out of this on a positive note
What do ya say ya in or ya out?