Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Not that I know of Myron. I asked my mom about it one time, because I was rather hurt that he never seemed interested in MY racing career. She said that was in his past and he had put it away, because he knew that if he went with me or started reliving his own glory days, he would want to get back into it. He was an all or nothing kind of guy and knew it would cost big bucks to race like he would have wanted. He hated bracket racing, nor did he really care for the Super Stock Eliminator portion of the show. We never went to a race that didn't have class runoffs, because THAT was what he liked. Being faster than the other guy in the same class. When the tracks that we frequented dropped class racing and went to brackets, he totally quit racing at home. We went to NHRA and IHRA races for about another year to run class runoffs, but when class runoffs became very infrequent, except at places like INDY and the Dutch classic, he parked the car and it never ran again. When they moved from the city, to their house in the country, which is on 40 acres, he basically went back to his childhood. He grew up on a farm and THEIR new farm was what he enjoyed. He built a big metal building, parked all the cars in it, basically never touched them again and slowly sold them off. He got back into guns and farming and never seemed to care about cars again.

Side note.........the black 63 Max Wedge convertible, that has been in some mags the last couple years and won best of show at the Nats for two years in a row, was my dads. The guy who owns it now, bought it from my dad, had a total resto done and has been offered over a million dollars for it. It's a 1 of 3 car and only one known left to exist. Black car, black top, red/white interior, power windows and 425hp motor. 15000 orig miles. Same guy bought an all original 300K from my dad that is a one of one car. It's a 413 long ram 300. Where most had the short intake runners, this was the ONE 300 that was built with the true longer manifolds. It had less than 10,000 miles. He had a barn full of stuff like that and never touched them again after the move. The Challenger race car, he bought new in 70. Optioned as follows. Hemi Orange, R/T, vinyl top, 440 six pack, rally dash, rim blow wheel, luggage rack, tic toc tach, etc. Kept every piece he ever took off so it could be restored. Sold it to a local guy, OR GAVE it to a local guy really for..........$5000. It had 5,000 miles on the speedo. He sold all that stuff dirt cheap. Never seen anyone who was SO into cars and racing just totally turn it off like that. All I have left from the Challenger is the original intake and carbs and air cleaner. Also have center section, trans, converter and the Weiand Six Pack "tunnel ram" intake and carbs that were on it when he last raced it

Some guys are like that. When they quit, they're done. When I stopped riding dirt bikes, I stopped all of it and sold it all. Then my brother sold all his car junk and bought a dirt bike, so I started tuning it and then his buddies bikes and next thing you know, I had 4 bikes again. Ended up with 7 before I got sick and started selling them off.

I have said this mechanical stuff is like being on heroin. It's tough to shake off.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston