[quote=Monte_Smith]Not that I know of Myron. I asked my mom about it one time, because I was rather hurt that he never seemed interested in MY racing career. She said that was in his past and he had put it away, because he knew that if he went with me or started reliving his own glory days, he would want to get back into it. He was an all or nothing kind of guy and knew it would cost big bucks to race like he would have wanted. He hated bracket racing, nor did he really care for the Super Stock Eliminator portion of the show. We never went to a race that didn't have class runoffs, because THAT was what he liked. Being faster than the other guy in the same class. When the tracks that we frequented dropped class racing and went to brackets, he totally quit racing at home. We went to NHRA and IHRA races for about another year to run class runoffs, but when class runoffs became very infrequent, except at places like INDY and the Dutch classic, he parked the car and it never ran again. When they moved from the city, to their house in the country, which is on 40 acres, he basically went back to his childhood. He grew up on a farm and THEIR new farm was what he enjoyed. He built a big metal building, parked all the cars in it, basically never touched them again and slowly sold them off. He got back into guns and farming and never seemed to care about cars again.

Reminds me of Days of Thunder. "When I grew up, all I wanted to do is work on race cars. Now all I want to do is make enough money to work on a farm."

We all have aspirations growing up but as we gain a little age, on some level, many of us yearn to get back to something we experienced in our past.