Originally Posted By GTS340
Originally Posted By madscientist
I never did figure where it took a million dollars to research a spring. A type of spring that has been around for well over a century.

It goes back to racers wanting to learn, or take the easy way. The easy way is to use SS springs etc. I bought my first 4 link in 1986 and every single person I talked to except 1, told me to run a ladder bar. The 4 link is too complicated, don't need it...all the regular bullcrap.

Glad I bought the 4 link. I had to learn. And most of what I was told back then was wrong.

I seriously doubt that claim that millions worth of R&D was performed on the SS spring
Got any pictures of your car? Is it a 3.31 stroke small block?

For your information that Duster was sold about 14 years ago--I had hurt my lower back and there was a $20K footbrake race at Piedmont Dragway in Greensboro NC --so I hired Herb Jr to drive it that week end--well...after it ran 6 laps of 6.91 in a row ( can't remember but 60 ft right around 1.42)Herb Sr and the boys approached me and said they wanted the car---Took about two minutes to hash out a deal then they paid me cash on the spot and I loaned them my trailer to get it home--they raced it for a long time after that--plain old car--simple stock 36o with X heads and a small solid, dual plane intake, etc nothing special under the hood but..car was a winner!
That puts me on a damn short list of folks that have sold a McCandless a drag car pal

Oh yea--perceptive of you-- I am building a 347 at this minute , using a Mexican 302 block --Ford guys think they are like the "230" 400 blocks we love so much so it makes selling one easy as pie

Like Rodney king said--"can't we all just get along?"

Last edited by crabman173; 01/12/17 09:31 PM.