I have been watching this board for a couple of weeks now, along with a few others in an effort to make planning choices for this season. I have never met Mr. King, never participated at any of his events, nor would I judge anyone I have never interacted with personally. With all of that said, a few of the opinions posted are very relevant and some are just simply left of center…IMO.

I do not support the idea of no concessions for rain outs regardless of how the promoter contracted with the facility, this should be considered into any business plan – it is simply the cost of doing business. Sorry, but I also don’t believe that racing is a byproduct of a Mopar event, if I enter the racing class that is a primary function for me, not a social event that happens to have racing – again, my position, obviously not all’s.

I also believe that the effort he has put into assembling this series is of value and that he has most likely suffered through a learning curve that may leave permanent scars. But I also would like to believe these past experiences, whatever the facts may be, has set the tone for him going forward. With that said, I’m going to invest the faith to attend and I will see personally – without all of the drama – just what direction these events are headed in. I would like to request all of those who are still on the fence to join in, give it another chance or like me, a first shot. My one and only disclaimer is the fact he still hasn't structured the event as of yet, if something impractical (for me anyways) is put together, then I will be a no-show, but I think….based on his replies, that won’t happen…..we will see.

I hope the event at Kil-Kare is a good one, but I look at it like this; just a couple weeks prior to the Norwalk Mopar race is the Triple Tens at Norwalk, for the last several years I have faithfully attended that event. I have been choosing between one or the other as I simply don’t have the time or funding to attend both. This race at KK will probably determine which Norwalk event I will attend in September.

Also FWIW….I plan to attend the Chrysler Classic at National Trails this May, I used to run JJ’s series in the past….well three of the five anyway (lol) and always experienced a very good time and a program that was just as it was advertised. I then ran two of the successors’ events and really learned enough from the first one, to question myself why I ever attended the second one. Certainly glad to see that change.

For me….in the perfect world, I would like to see Mr. King and Mr. Johnson team up and combine the current Mopar events, for the participant it would be a win – win.

All together now, lets sing kumbyah

Last edited by Jerry Kathe; 03/15/14 11:57 AM.