Quote:

Well damn it let me get in my too!!!!

The way I look at these "Special events" is this is a track rental ---- Josh does NOT own the track and he has to pay for the weekend if he uses the facility or not. If he owned the track and could accomodate everyone some other weekend I'm sure he would but thats not the case. Look at it this way - you go rent a condo out on the beach for you and your wife/girlfriend to go have a fantastic weekend relaxing out on the beach. Then you wake up Saturday morning and out of no where comes a hurricain and you have to leave and not be able to go back through the weekend - do the people have to give you another weekend for FREE??? They are all booked up for the next 2 years and no weekends available. Do they have to refund your $$$ because of an act of god??? You rented a power washer for a weekend to wash down the house but the thunderstorms came and you could not get outside to safely wash down the house so does that mean you get free rental from Home Depot the next time you have the time to wash down your house??

You pay you take the chance to race (at these special events). I missed the first year the race was held at Indy because I decided not to make the trip because of the forecasted weather. Guess what they raced and I was at home... Then I went and it rained but again so what at least I was not sitting at home. If I was to worry about anything it would be why did I spend $500.00 or more in expenses to go to a race when I thought there would be a chance of a rain out. The entry fee is nothing compared to the expenses. Now I'm sure the payout $$$ could have been handled a different way and maybe next time it will be and if not oh well.

My only beefs are:
1. why is KK only an 1/8 mile race when I am pretty sure they can handle a 1/4 mile race.
2. Why did Bird not share any of his Jack with me

See ya at Norwalk for sure and KK to be determined

Russ

Best response yet....Russ get's it !

These brand specific races are about fun and friendship. The racing is just a bonus.

While you're all complaining, pissing and moaning..... think about the members we've lost who won't have the opportunity to socialize or race.

I feel very fortunate to have guys like Josh,BG or any other promoter who is willing to stick his neck out so we can have a good time. I'll be thinking about my good buddy LabRat when we're at Norwalk this year.

Ron