Quote:

I agree---

If I tell you that its gonna be 50 dollars to race and you show up and its 100 thats wrong

Wait... weren't you the one that advertised a purse, and then lowered it when people showed up?

Quote:

If we get rained out thats not the same---

How is it not the same? It's no different then going to a concert. Either you get a makek up date, or you get your money back.

The racers paid money for a product, that you didn't deliver (regardless of who's fault it was). If you don't like the financial risk of what might happen on a rain out. Either:

A) Take the issue up with the track.

or

B) Don't take the financial risk in the first place promoting a race.

What you can't do is tell everyone after the fact that you can't afford to take the loss, and then expect the racing comunity to cover you.

Quote:

I guess I set the standard all wrong the first year when it rained and we were able to give a refund....

No you got the standard right. This is what normal tracks do, and normal race weekends consist of.

You have to get out of the mentality that you did the racers a FAVOR by giving us our money back after not giving us a race. It was not a "favor", it was not "above and beyond", it should have been automatic to give people their money back since you couldn't deliver the race.

Quote:

As far as its a business....That is true in some regards, but not 100%. These events do not have the ability to make much more money than to just keep things going...

...If a race brings in enough money to pay the bills plus a little, I want to take whatever that "little" is and stuff it back in the event...food, free stuff, extra races, whatever it takes..trying to just make it better for the people that came

While that is very nobile of you, it's a business model that will put you out of business every time, piss a lot of people off in the process, and ruin your reputation.

We are not business partners with you. We are your customers.

We don't expect you to share in your profits, nor will we accept the burden to share your losses.

If you put on a good show and treat people right, the racers will come.

We don't need free hot dogs, hamburgers, concerts, etc...

Set decent payouts, set fair entry fee's, run the show efficently, and people will be happy to race.

All of that being said. I am grateful that anyone puts on a race, car show, or any other type of mopar event. I appreciate anyones efforts of doing so.

But you gotta stop trying to put on a $300 show with a $150 entry fee or you're never gonna make it.