Quote:

I will just say I have never raced a race where if there was a rain out I was not refunded or given a rain check. I realize it takes a lot of dedication to run a race like this and the weather is a huge factor....but...it's a feast or famine business. You are not the only person with a loss on a rain out. Consider the fuel and other costs the racer incurs traveling to a race like yours. I have said my peace....now I will decide if I will attend or pass. Good luck with your endeavors either way

speaking of travel and cost we drove 8hr one way, I entered two classes, I know a couple of guys that entered 3, so now it's not $75 anymore it's like 1/2 the fuel cost home. I'm not going to see any return cause the new tracks are farther away still and that's ok. What would have made it better is hearing on the PA system "well guys we got rain today and I know you have some money in this so I'm going to raise tomorrow's payout to $2000 to win" (or whatever number). I think most everyone would have been saying boy that Josh is a stand up guy he's taking care of us. the biggest thing is that it would have been over that weekend, done deal like the outcome or not,move on to the next race. but that's all water under the bridge now.