Quote:

Quote:

No, Eric.... What I am saying is that I will do EVERYTHING I can to refund or payout.....but im not going to be put on the hook to allow people to believe that its an entitlement. Seems we have entitlement issues these days.

Josh,
You as a promoter are running a business. Any business’ number one priority is to make money. Everyone that attempts to run a business takes a financial risk… it’s the nature of the beast.

I’m sorry for you that your business hasn’t been successful. But it’s NOT an entitlement mentality when people are just asking to get what they pay for.

If you were running a pizza place, would you just take people’s money, and not refund it if the oven broke?

If you were running a repair shop, would you take people’s money for oil changes, and then not refund it if your hoist broke?

If you were running a lemonade stand, would you take people’s money and not refund them if you knocked your lemonade pitcher all over the ground?

If more cars show up then you are planning on at any given future race, will we all get to share in the profits generated from the additional revenue? Of course not!

This is your business… not ours. Your money to make, your money to loose. Don’t put it on US… THE CUSTOMER… to cover your losses.

It's not an entitlement thing Josh. Entitlement ensues that we are asking for something we don’t deserve. When someone pays you for something and you don’t give it to them… it’s called stealing. Which is quite the opposite of entitlement.

extremely well put!!!!!

Example....I own a car lot, and we do OK. Its a tough competitive business. I knew that before we ever opened the doors.
Obviously the idea is to make money, most of the time we do, but sometimes we don't.
I pretty much always put our cars online once we get them, if I don't, they generally just sit here, because we are about 80% internet driven currently.
When we advertise the car, we always put a price, and endeavor to make it a good price...otherwise nobody calls to come look at it.
I have had it happen several times that a given car hasn't been serviced before I put it online( our service provider is backed up, has To order parts...you name it). Sometimes after we get the bill we now own the car for more than its advertised online for.
We certainly don't tell the customer when he comes in..." Hey, with all the work we had to do to it the new price is now..-----...Don't work that way.

Owning a business is a hot kitchen to be in, many businesses fail. It happens. If the kitchen is too hot one should get out of it.
Guess what I am saying is, run it right it will probably work...but it might not..run it wrong, it definitely wont work

But BY FAR... the first and most important business decision is to treat the customer right. Every other item pales in comparison to that.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, 10.40 @127 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.60 at 103.90 1/8