Quote:

so I think you forgot a couple of things.
What shaft did you use?

Mopar shaft, it’s approx .5” diameter.

Quote:

Where did you get the collar?

Probably McMaster.com, it’s just an ordinary clamp-on shaft collar, often used for drillbit stops, also.

Quote:

Did you have to open up the inside of the ford wheel? or let it go?

Yes, have to drive out the knurled flange and drill the center hole bigger.

Quote:

Why did you decide not to use the mopar wheel chopped up a little?

Upon finding a way to mount the sensor offset in the dizzy, it looked like the Ford wheel had a shot at working, and I happened to have a shaft collar the correct size, so I went that direction.

Quote:

Do the sensors provide the same output?

I still don’t know the answer to that question, haven’t found the pin-out data on the TBI sensor to compare it to the 5.0. The pics I just posted show the 5.0 sensor in there, so the TBI vs 5.0 electrical signal no longer matters (unless wanting to use the Mopar sensor).

Quote:

As for pining the collar, it looks like there is a gap to tighten it to the shaft? But yes I think a pin would be better.

This shaft collar is a clamp-on type instead of the more-common setscrew type, so there is a slight gap at the joint. Gives much better gripping power as it clamps around the whole shaft instead of just digging in at a single point with a setscrew. Makes me think it might not need a crosspin. Could put a dab of paint between it and the shaft and then could visually determine if it ever moves.
http://www.mcmaster.com/#shaft-collars/=6rx1hp

Quote:

The housing for my mag does not have any slots or holes. only a notch for the sensor wiring to come out.

I don’t know what this exact housing is then. If going the remote-TFI route it won’t matter what dizzy housing you use. Even the brown component could be remote-mounted if desired, it’s just 3 wires.
Quote:

As for lining up number 1 cylinder, I think it actually matters more the relation to the rotor to that number 1 slot.
So where it point to in the ford vs where it points to in the mopar.
Since it would be adjustible based on that relationship not where 1 is.

I agree, I just need to verify.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.