Quote:

Or just change the scalar in the ECU to 10mph instead of 5mph for when to stop fuel shutoff (highlighted cell)
http://screencast.com/t/YzZlYzVkYzEt

There is also VSCFRQ - Vehicle Speed sensor frequency, set to 50Hz. Change that to 100Hz, wonder if it would correct it for the rest of the ECU.

Either way, when you're stopped, it will still show that you're stopped. Then when you hit 1mph, it reads 2mph, 5->10, 100->200mph , etc

I agree, stopped is fine and moving is fine, it's those transitions and near-zero points that might cause drivability issues (which is one thing we're trying to get away from ). I don't ahve any EEC tuning tools, so I'm at a disadvantage there. My gameplan is to use the 2 MS-II units I have, and then give the EEC a shot on a differnt car. I may have to use some 'trickery' with relays and resistors on the sensors, to modify my fueling curves and other things.

Quote:

It'd be nice using that sensor since we could keep our stock speedometers (I don't want to replace mine!), and get the signal we need. If nothing else, I can make a box that plugs in after the sensor to cut the number of pulses in half. I didn't look any farther at summit to see if they had one with a different number of pulses.

I wanna keep my speedo too. Aint no aftermarket round speedo that will fit in a 68 Fury or a 65 300 and look right.

Quote:

That accell distributor would probably work, but they sure are proud of them ($$)

Yep, huge money, and at that point you could install a Megasquirt and use the factory dizzy. That's the crux to me on the 5.0 conversion - you've got to get it cheap enough, or already have the tuning tool, or else it becomes more cost-effective to go MS.

And 2 of those Accell dizzys have mechanical advance. Why would you use a dual-synch dizzy (which is intended for sequential EFI, right?) and then not have the ignition timing controlled by an ECU? Ignition timing control is tantamount to engine responsiveness and area-under-the-curve torque.