Quote:

So it looks like the Ford wheel will fit inside the mopar distributor, and the main problem is finding a sensor that will fit, correct?

Yes, but the hole in the Ford wheel does not match the Mopar shaft, it is smaller. Also, the Ford wheel screws down onto a hub/flange/plate, while the Mopar wheel has a collar that crosspins to the shaft. I presume the Ford wheel could be re-drilled larger and then tackwelded to a setscrew shaft collar, but I didn’t consider that route after finding the TBI dizzy, I focused on it instead.

Quote:

After looking at Wedgemans picture again, it sure looks more like an photo interrupter than a hall sensor. Is the white thing on the inside magnetic? Any wires going to it? I don't suppose there are any part numbers on the actual sensor on the mopar sensor?

The white thing on the inside is actually metal, it is reflective in the photoflash. I doubt it is magnetic or mine would surely be covered in metal dust by now, I think I would’ve noticed that. The wheel goes between the 2 outer black portions of the sensor, not near the ‘white’ part. Ford’s TFI is a Hall and has 3 wires, and this one has 3 wires, so I presumed they were the same type of sensor. I learned a little more here: http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/pickups.htm

Quote:

I was just looking at Hall Sensors at Digikey for a different project, and yes, most of them have a very wide input voltage range. Or if it is optical, we just need another resistor in series to limit the voltage and it should work just fine at 12v.

Quote:

If there's room, it may be easiest to put the ford wheel in the mopar distributor, then I can make a Hall Effect/Optical sensor that mounts to the mopar plate, like this one., Or we get a flat wheel cut out and mount our own sensor in the distributor

Yeah, a small add-on sensor of the right specs might be a simple solution, but you’d still need to mount it. If the TBI or Mag sensor work out, the mounting is built in. We will eventually narrow down to the best solution!

Quote:

Anyone have an extra magnum distributor they want to sell me cheap? I have a Ford one I can pull and compare, but I don't think the junkyard here even has any magnums

See if this link works:
http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.c...amp;userPage=75