Quote:

Wheel diameter won't make a difference in the timing. Even if the sensor is on the outside of the disc rather than the inside, they still come around at the same time. One of my products has an inductive sensor measuring the time between tabs on a coupler to get speed and distance (knowing the drum diameter). Big or small diameter, the results are the same.

Agreed, angular velocity is the same for a given engine RPM. However, teh Ford and Mopar shutter wheels have different tooth and gap widths, which affects timing of the rise/fall signals to teh EEC. Also, the 'oddball' tooth that it uses to sense #1 is different, and it's surely clocked in a different spot on the shaft because Ford and Mopar denote different cylinders as #1.

With the proper clocking it might work OK as-is, I just didn't get that far as I'm still waiting to put the wheel on a bigblock dizzy shaft. Otherwise, I believe the Mopar wheel could be modified to emulate the Ford teeth.

Quote:

I was under the impression that MA also did bank-bank adjustments like SD does.

It might, the info on the differences between SD and MA is sometimes fuzzy. To me it wouldn't make sense to fire an injector individually but then correct a whole bank at one time. But maybe that's what they did???