Quote:

While I agree for the most part, efi won't give you perfomance over a carb, it does offer quite a few benifits.

I get in and know it is going to start. I can stop and not worry about it dying at a light.
As a cruiser it is very important that it be more reliable then the power factor.

The main reason I want to go EFI on my truck is for drive-ability and reliability. Know that it will always start, idle well, re-start when warm, etc. Currently I have to let it warm up for 10 minutes before I can put it in gear to move it. The idle is also inconsistent (750 sometimes, 1100 other times). All stuff that can be fixed, likely with a new carb.

Since I can get the harness, sensors & dizzy for free, I could either spend $300 on a new carb (mine was a fleabay special ), or buy a Quarterhorse programmer and some elbow grease on top of the new engine build.

Quote:

The Ford ECM reportedly looks at the distance/time between rising/falling edges on the shutter wheel and it may not like the Mopar Hall sensor signal due to difference in diameter of wheel.

Wheel diameter won't make a difference in the timing. Even if the sensor is on the outside of the disc rather than the inside, they still come around at the same time. One of my products has an inductive sensor measuring the time between tabs on a coupler to get speed and distance (knowing the drum diameter). Big or small diameter, the results are the same.

I was tentatively planning on doing a Mass Air install. With the QH/Tweecer, you can change the firing (injection) order, fill in the actual displacement, set up the calibration for larger injectors & maf, etc. You can even change the advance curve.

I was under the impression that MA also did bank-bank adjustments like SD does.

I've looked a little bit at Megasquirt. But especially if we can get the mopar hall effect to work with the ford system, it would be easier (to me) to just install the new dizzy than to fab on the trigger wheel.

I hadn't seen half of those links you included. I'd definitely be interested in any other information you have.

Maybe today I'll pull the ford distributor and start looking it over.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.