Quote:

Quote:

It's kinda like an upside down tuna can with some notches cut out from the bottom. I put both wheels in CAD, overlayed them, and aligned the #1 tooth. Based on drawing 16 angular lines from the center of the Mopar circle (aligned with rising/falling edges), I believe some simple work with a file can get the Dodge wheel pretty close to the Ford wheel -- at least close enough to make it worth a try.

ugh, that'd be hard to fab. I just called a pretty good machine/fabrication shop here. They can't take a flat piece and stamp it into a tuna can, but they think they could bend it into a circle and weld it to a top plate. Whether or not it would be balanced and true though...

Unless they didn’t understand what you were describing, you need to find a different machine shop (or show them a sample wheel).

Some fab ideas I see:
Weld a flat plate to a piece of round tubing, then true it in a lathe -- true the bottom flat plate surface for mounting and the ID-OD surfaces for rotational clearance and then put in a center hole. Mark the slots and cut with a hacksaw, clean the cuts with a flat needle file. Or...

Get a solid piece of steel and machine the whole thing in a mill.

As the original piece is a stamping, either machining operation should hold tolerances A-OK. Might be expensive, but you could get there. Probably only need +/- 1/32” tolerances.