Quote:

BG The crank pin lightening holes being drilled at an angle? Are you sayin this will cause the crank to fail. Jeff says he has seen cranks with the holes drilled at the same angles handle 900hp and 9000rpm are you looking for more than that out of this motor?

Jeff a ss/ah engine builder says as long as there is .150 thickness left that it's alright. Where does the crank that you have fall into this catagory?

Is there any evidence to show that if the hole was drilled straight as opposed to an angle that it would handle an x amount more horsepower and if so how much power and rpm would that be.

I have a saying about engineers. If it wasn't for engineers we would all still! be able to work on our own cars!

Those were our first observations,since all the others were drilled straight and complete,we questioned why it was unfinished.Curt's observations raised concerns as to the angle and where the hole would exit and the unfinished loose material.My concern was did it compromise the strength.We stop at that point,I consulted with Mr Krem and he advised me that as long as enough material was left at the area that we should have no problem,and yes there are many angle drilled cranks.Most are only partially drilled and the ones that are drilled are finished no matter where they exit, So that we will clean the unfinished hole,determine the amont left and base our decision from that point.As I stated before an Mr. Krem agreed that a heavy area can exist in the middle of the crank and not be seen at the front and back axis.The flange is a different thickness ranging from(guestimate).350 widining as you follow the radius growing to over .500 and was ground quite a bit at the .500 area.To answer Jeffs question,the outround on #1 journal was .0015+ I like no more than .001 also.We will finish the hole,make the flange more concentric and rebalance.There is no way to determine what Hp level it will with stand.Mr Krem says "run it and you will find out"