Respect to everyone,we have a good informative thread going and some great knowledge and experiences being shared.I have never seen balancing on a rod journal throw,so some one correct me if I'am wrong.Having used many different rotating assemblys from $1500 kits to $6000 assemblies we get to see an assortment of issues.Be it Eagle or Callies or who evers crank we we have made bearing swaps and on occasion have to mix and match bearings to make things work.I have corrected Eagle and Oliver rods.I have even use Eagle rods in 800 to 1000 HP engines to keep cost affordable.The weakest point of most rods are the bolts,so just use ARP 2000 or L-19 bolts.Quality can be bought or made.Just like years ago when Hemi rods were limited we ground ,polished,lightened,shotpeened,bushed and change rod bolts to 1/2 on stock rods to make them live.Today I wouldn't waste my time or money on stock rods.We are lucky today to have so many suppliers of parts at all different cost and quality levels to choose from.The best is to decide the level of build and find what's best will work for you in quality and budget.Just like I understand Johns bang for the buck,I understand Monte's thought of "bite the bullet and go first class from the start".At BGR we try andmake the build to suit the user both in quality and cost.No one is wrong,just different schools of thought.

Last edited by B G Racing; 01/05/10 11:57 AM.