The opinions that have be expressed here by me and others are just that our opinions an expression on how we feel and they were quite varied.That we questioned certain things about the crank and people responded with their thoughts.Many of us had different takes on cause and effect,you will never get answers to questions if you don't ask the questions first.I don't think I was bashing 440 Source by any means.I.am not a crank expert by anymeans and don't think two many of us here are either.But I'am smart enough that If I have questions I know I can find the experts that can answer our questions.Brandon,you could have jumped in on the first post and explained your position and thoughts and we could have all gained from it,but no,you had to wait on some "expert" opened the door to get your foot in.Now any and all meaningful discussion and opinions are worthless since you and Jeff have decided to circle the wagons,that's two wagons and there is still a thousand of indians,does the name "Custer" ring a bell.I tried to show the good things as well as bad and was hoping that this thread didn't succumb to personal attacks.I think I was fair and let everyone express their thoughts.That that crank looked ugly at best raised concerns,that we continue to evaluate the build and will see the end performance of the parts will be the true test.I think everyone responded in a manner to keep the thread on track and respectfull,you and Jeff are the the ones that seem to want to derail it instead of contributing to it.So here's my final take on the crank after talking to Alan Krem, a respected Design engineer with his degree from the Univ.OF Pittsburgh,who does crank design and also does R&D for Oliver rods and many others.I have known worked with him on projects for over 30 years and he knows more than you and Jeff will ever know about cranks.I respect his opinion,his qualifications,and his professional mannerisms more than what I have seen from you two "experts" Is the crank ugly? Yes. Is it usable? Yes.Will it hold up? Time will tell. To everyone on Moparts,I apologise for having ruffeled any feathers. So now we see the connection

Last edited by B G Racing; 01/07/10 08:24 PM.