Quote:

To Bob, if a customer brought you this crankshaft or any brand crankshaft and had you correct all the issues you have found what would be the dollar amount you would charge for the repairs. How many hours/ labor rate? Just Curious. $500? $800?. Thanks John. [/quot

Bringing the crank(only) to BGR.We would first,inspect the crank for flaws, mike the crank,record the measurments,set it machinist V-blocks or lathe and check for runout and straight dimensions,then report to the customer our findings.This process would be done with the customer present and if the customer was a racer it would be done at N/C as a courtesy.Anyone who has been to my shop will varaify this to be fact.Many racers right here on Moparts will tell you of our generosity.If we were building the short block,there would still be no extra charge as this would be included in the build estimate.I know that's not what you wanted to here so here's what it would typically cost at our associates shop.For That particular crank(Source) that I have would have cost $50 to mike and check the crank,$75 to deburr,dress,micro polish and clean,and another $150 to spin to correct(if necessarry)the balance if the bobweight was provided.So add a minimum of $275 to the price of your kit for the crank work. or buy it put it in and take your chances,buyers risk or choise.