Quote:

Quote:

this has been interesting. it seems there have been numerous "opinions" dispalyed other than the facts posted by BG and Curt Jr.
so, what if anything have we learned so far?

I think we learned that there is no such thing as a "Buget" crank. After all these tweeks and fixes, you can buy a beter quality crank. To stay with the "Theme" of facts, I own a 440 souce, Eagle and K1 crank. The facts are that the K1 crank needed nothing , no corrections, no bearing scraping, no deburing, no fixing of flanges, and no regrind. I have read that to keep it on a buget, the corrects were going to be made. But at what hourly rate ?? I bet it's about $75 + per hour to scrap bearings, inspect hardware. Where is the savings ?? Lets see all the facts and time laid out in labor so far. If it's BG's choice to throw this in at no charge then fine, let us know how many additional hours it took to make it work so that we can guestimate what the majority of machine shops would charge to repair these issues.
Allan G.

We will have a total estimate at the end of the build.But as far as fitting bearing,minor dressinging of the crank(deburring,etc) setting clearences,weighing and calculating is not an extra cost but all part of the estimate that we would quote for the build.Adittional charges would only be for major corrections above and beyond anything not on the original estimate and would be agreed to with the customer before the extra cost would be applied to the original estimate.Most people that buy these kits usually are hobbyist that assemble their own engines,usually if your dealing with a professional shop to machine and assemble your engine you are working on a different level as far as componant selection.I don't think anyone that's buying a Source or other budget kit is looking to Barton,Monte,Darren,Banning or others for a build.The only reason BGR got involved is many of our friends that are selfhelp hobbyist racers came to us for assistance and this project they were a little over their head so we took on the project.We figured we would share what we learned with the many racers that were looking to these kits for a more economocal way to start or keep racing."What did we learn" was asked.I think a lot for just starting with the crank we have learned ,what issues to look for,how to correct them,and understand the basic parameters of what is acceptable and what isn't.More importantly not to assume anything,and if you have questions have a place to bring them for help,right here on Moparts.